Monday, May 9, 2011

Starting week 39...no mas

So this week has been pretty hard emotionally on me. When I talk about crying I start crying. Today I am just feeling so overwhelmed. I tell myself that everything is OK about having a c-section but really...I just don't feel like it's fair. I feel like I have lost a piece of the puzzle. Obviously I want what is best for baby but I can't help feel sad. So I lay at night preparing mentally on how I will recover and the what the pain will be like during and after the c-section. Then-I am upset because I feel like when my sisters come, with two dogs, it's going to take away some of my sister time. I can already hear, "I gotta go b/c the dogs need to go out", or something like that. I just want to spend as much time with my sisters without any distractions. I know it's selfish but I can't help it right now.
My body is starting to really wear-down. I walk much slower, there is this pain in my groin all the time, everything is swollen, Joao can't sleep with me b/c I snore so bad, and the head is so big it there is not room to even put my finger between my ribs and the head. So as you can see...I am just emotionally exhausted.
But then I think about seeing my baby for the first time and the smile on Joao's face...it makes me feel a little better.
Anyhow- just a few more days...actually 10 days! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine the emotions you are feeling. But hang in there, Renee!! You're almost there!! You can do it!! :) Everything is going to be great, I just know it! You are going to have a beautiful new baby (with a perfectly round head, might I add), your family will be around you, including your supportive husband. Nothing else will matter.

    I'm praying for your comfort and that your anxieties subside. Try to relax and make the most of these last 10 days... I love you, Cousin!!

    ReplyDelete